SFYBL Code of Ethics/Philosophy
- I hereby pledge to live up to the following SFYBL code of ethics
- I will place the emotional and physical wellbeing of my players ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will remember to treat each player as an individual, remembering the large spread of emotional and physical development for the age group.
- I will do my very best to provide a safe play situation for my players and staff.
- I will review and practice the necessary first aid principles needed to treat injuries of my players.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
- I will insure that I am knowledgeable in the rules of SFYBL baseball and that I will teach these rules to my players.
- I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
- I will remember that I am a youth coach, and that the game is for children and not adults.