Every SFYBL team in every division MUST SEND at least ONE REPRESENTATIVE (Rostered Coach, Assistant Coach, Team Manager or Volunteer) to represent their team at the SFYBL Coaches Clinic. This means that NO attendee may represent more than one team. Our league has 181 independent teams, we expect a minimum attendance of 181 persons.
UNREPRESENTED TEAMS WILL NOT RECEIVE THEIR PRACTICE FIELD PERMIT OR COACHING CARDS
To expedite the check in process, please REGISTER HERE VIA EVENTBRITE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sfbyl-2018-mandatory-coaches-clinic-registration-38704161188
In order for teams to receive their Practice Field Permits and Coaches Cards, they must complete the following two requirements:
1. ALL coaches assistant coach, team manager, volunteers, any adult that will have contact with players on the practice field and game day MUST be volunteer cleared and be certified on Concussion Protocol.
2. Each SFYBL team in each division MUST have at least one representative (a rostered coach, assistant coach, team manager, volunteer) attend our yearly coaches clinic.
- Be sure to Register all Coaches, Assistant Coaches, and Team Managers on your SI Play Roster: sfybl.siplay.com
- Each of these participants please upload by January 18, a “headshot” photo of yourself (NO Sunglasses or Hats/Caps) to your roster spot on the SI Play website. The image will be included on your coaches card.
- Pay for Coaches Registration Fees. There is a $25 registration fee per coach, per season. Please submit payment via PayPal (sfybl.com) or bring a check (payable to SFYBL) to the Mandatory Coaches Clinic/Training to be held on January 20.
- Complete the Concussion Protocol Video, print the certificate and bring it with you the coaches clinic or send an electronic copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Federation of High School Sports (NFHS), and the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) have been working together with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) to provide a FREE 20 minute Video presentation that provides anyone the opportunity to become certified in the Concussion Protocol.
- Register at nfhs.org
- Utilize your nfhs registration number to see the FREE 20 minute Video presentation on Concussion Protocol at the following website: http://www.cifstate.org/sports-medicine/concussions/index