The San Francisco Youth Baseball League (SFYBL) is run by a board of mostly volunteers.
The duties of the board include but are not limited to:
- Deciding on league structure
- Creating league rules and policies
- Setting league budgets
- Making game schedules
- Managing and attending league events such as registration, games, coach training sessions, etc.
- Attending weekly (Friday 9:30am-11am) board meeting during the season and every 2-3 weeks in the off-season.
- Managing a sub-division for the league that consists of over 400 coaches and nearly 3,00 kids playing on over 250 teams in five age-based divisions.
- Communicating with coaches, players, and parents/guardians as well as answering questions from them in a timely and authoritative manner. These communications happen largely via email and our web site, but also include phone and in-person dialog.
If you are an adult interested in helping to provide the youth of San Francisco the best possible youth baseball league experience…we want you.
It is not necessary to be an experienced baseball coach or player, although knowing a little bit about baseball helps. What is far more important are good organizational skills and a desire to give something back to the community.
If this sounds like something for you, please contact us at email@example.com by September 30th to be considered. Please complete this form: https://goo.gl/forms/OKea6H0NAiwMsgO32 it will tell us a little about yourself…specifically about your past/current relationship with the league and any qualities you can contribute to help sustain the league and make it better. Candidate Interviews will be held in early October by appointment.